Food grade extra fine lavender suitable for a variety of cooking
AngustifoliaLavender does have a strong flavour so a little does go a very long way
Try it- lavender scones, lavender cakes & cheesecakes lavender ice-cream and Lavender short bread.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried culinary lavender (see Notes)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 tbsp.) butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring milk and lavender to a simmer. Transfer to a small bowl and let steep 15 minutes, then cover and chill for about 45 minutes. Strain milk and set aside; discard lavender.
2. Preheat oven to 375°. In a food processor, whirl flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add butter and lemon zest and pulse to form a coarse meal. Add lavender-infused milk and pulse to form a shaggy dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 3 to 5 times.
3. Form dough into a 6-in. circle. Cut into 6 wedges. Arrange wedges 2 in. apart on a baking sheet and bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.